- Description: This is a photo montage using masks to blend images together.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, Steps taken while designing): I looked through lots of pictures and tried quite a few different options, but this is the one I liked the best. I took the picture of the Salt Lake Temple when we were in Utah for Christmas. As I was going through pictures this one seemed to feel right. I had taken it an an angle so I had to rotate it. Then I looked through lots of wedding pictures of my daughter’s wedding and decided on this one. I overlapped them and then used a mask on both of them to blend them together. I decided to use a black background to show a lot of contrast so that the couple would really stand out. Then I found the quote that I wanted and used a script font and a larger size to make it stand out from the rest of the text. I liked the gold color for the text and thought it blended well with the colors in the temple, yet contrasted enough with the black to stand out, yet a rich tone to it (rather than white).
- Message: I chose these pictures and the quote and my message is the Family and that Families are the focus of God’s plan and that they are forever.
- Audience: LDS people primarily (they would understand it) although, it could be a conversation starter about the church for non-members if they saw this in our homes.
- Top Thing Learned: I think I really was able to design this in a way that the message is very clear and beautiful. My son-in-law was really touched and wanted me to get it framed for them. I’m gaining confidence in my ability to design.
- Filter / Colorization used and where it was applied: I did not change in colorization in this piece.
- Color scheme and color names: I’m not sure if this is an Monochromatic or a Complimentary color scheme; the white and black aren’t on the color wheel, but I would guess they are complimentary, but there are various shades of gold in the lettering and in the top of the temple with the lighting etc. So I would say analogous because of the shades of gold and if you add lots of white and lots of black, they you have white and black.
- Title Font Name & Category: Segoe Script; script
- Copy Font Name & Category: Verdana; sans serif
- Thumbnails of Images used:
- Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site): These images were on my computer. The first one is of my daughter’s wedding (the photographer gave us the CD and said we could do whatever we wanted with them) and the second one I took in December when I was in Utah for Christmas. I actually took it on my iPhone and I had to take it diagonally so I wouldn’t cut off the top. When I was looking through pictures trying to get ideas, I decided I really liked this one and wanted to use it (after doing other ones with other pictures).
Here is the link to my video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvgGI_ezqaQ